VIPRE Internet security Suite 2016 normally costs $54.99 and Antivirus is priced at $39.99 for 1 year subscription per PC. It usually comes with 1 month of free trial. But, as a part of giveaway campaign held by VIPRE Security Turkey, there is a promotional offer to get both VIPRE Antivirus and Internet security Suite 2016 download 90 days free trial.
Interested users just need to visit the promo page, enter a valid email address and then click on send. Download instruction including 3 months / 90 days free trial serial key will be dispatched to the specified email. If you don’t receive the email within 15 minutes, check your junk or spam folder.
NOTE: PROMO PAGE IS AVAILABLE AFTER ADD TO CART AND FREE CHECKOUT USING A LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST.
Install the product use the serial key provided to activate.
VIPRE Internet Security Suite 2016 Review
Vipre antivirus is a security product founded on Sunbelt Company. The term VIPRE stands for Virus Intrusion Prevention Remedial Engine and has become popular now-a-days because of its high capability to provide protection against threats with lower level of system resources consumption. Vipre is an old and popular type of security software and stands average among security software.
The concept of VIPRE Internet Security is self-explanatory which means Virus Intrusion Prevention Remedial Engine and keeps your precious data safely while surfing online. It provides phishing protection with ‘Enhanced Social Watch’ protecting your social media timeline from exposed to the malicious links.
VIPRE Internet Security Suite mainly consists of 5 different features along with extra added features on them.
VIPRE Antivirus in our review is among the best security product because of its proven ability on AV-TEST on accurate detection and protection with its wide range of features. It is much more than just antivirus software due to its capacity to remove rootkits, spyware, Trojans and bots including protection from online malicious website that might spread viruses and Trojans on user’s computer.
Although, it didn’t score highest results on other party AV Tests, but we believe its latest version is best suited for latest version of Windows because of good record on three of its test measuring speed, protection and usability, it blocked all new and old types of malware known from past 4 days before the test. VIPRE proved its ability to block 88% out of 130 newly discovered zero day threats which is considered to be average on industry of 94%. However, on test of most dominant virus threat detection, it was able to find out each of 20,644 threats although there was slide impact on system stability.
Compared to its competitors, normal system slowdown was 3 seconds while VIPRE impacted on system performance by average of 8 seconds during various activities on PC such as using web browser, downloading and installing software. On its usability test, there was some false positives during system scan of more than 800,000 different samples while the regular industry score of the same test was zero.
VIPRE product has changed jumping from one company to others, and we believe it’s moving way impacted on its stability however there was improvement on its online protection behavior. It was considered as fair on Independent Lab test results.
The Features of VIPRE Internet Security 2016 Includes
Antivirus feature normally includes active, edge protection against threats with second layer scan also for removable devices including low risks items quarantine. It also conserves battery power and displays the antivirus history of removals and exclusions.
- Quarantine: Malware, Viruses and other security threats are kept in quarantine to make sure it won’t harm the computer.
- Active Protection: provides a real time active protection against threats.
- Edge Protection: Blocks download of exploits including other online threats in most of the popular web browsers.
- Handle Threats Automatically: It will automatically disinfect, quarantine and delete them as necessary.
- Catch up Scan: Missed scheduled scan is performed as a Quick Scan on next time when available.
- Second Layer Scan: Runs a second layer of full system scan protection only if threats detected on Quick Scan.
- Scan Removable Drives: Scans portable removable drives to detect, remove and block any viruses incoming to the system.
- Include Low-risk Programs: This can be configured on settings of Active Protection.
- Exclude from Scans: Huge amount of trusted files can some time takes high amount of times to get scanned so they can be excluded from future scans.
- Wake from Sleep: Auto start the computer for scheduled scans.
- Battery Saver: Saves the battery by terminating non-required processes and skipping scheduled scans. But if the power is plugged in everything will work as normal.
- Antivirus History: Check the history updates of threat detection and removal.
- Automatic Updates: Ensures VIPRE’s defenses are current.
- Auto Patch Updates: Does important updates to your other software so you don’t have to. This patches up holes in your computer’s security.
- ThreatNet Updates: Update with information about threats to provide better protection.
- Proxy for Updates: Use this if you want to rely on a proxy server for your software and definition updates.
- Software Updates: Ensures VIPRE is up to date.
- Update History: Examine recent update events.
- Restore Defaults: Use recommended settings and reapply definitions.
- Spam Filtering: Labels emails that appear to be spam. You can also set email addresses to be marked as spam or safe.
- Email Protection: Scans incoming and outgoing files for viruses. If found, it will be send to the quarantine.
- Anti-Phishing: Protect yourself from scammers trying to steal your personal information.
- Email History: Examine recent email events.
- Restore Defaults: Use the recommended settings.
- Firewall Protection: Filter incoming and outgoing internet traffic on your computer. You can create “exception” rules for how you want the Firewall to handle different traffic.
- Intrusion Detection Systems: Protect your computer against attacks from within the same network.
- Networks: Setup how your computer sees different networks as trusted or public.
- Process Protection: Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) stops attacks against running software on your computer.
- Firewall Default Behaviors: These tell the Firewall how to interact with new information and network traffic.
- Social Watch: Looks for malicious content in social networks.
- Secure File Eraser: Securely and completely eliminate any trace of files from your computer.
- History Cleaner: Maintain your privacy by removing browsing and searching history.
- Acquired a good score on malware detection on test.
- Easy to use user interface with extra ordinary features.
- Advanced protection options.
- Provides good protection against threats on email, messaging and external media.
- Heavy on detection and lighter on resources.
- Comes with multiple PC licenses.
- Average score on threat detection test.
- Low score on Independent Lab test.
- Competitive on new type of malware detection.
- Requires lengthy time to complete full scan.
- Frequent annoying popups for update.
VIPRE Antivirus 90 Days Free Trial