Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus normally costs 29.99 per 1-year single license key and comes with 30 days of trial like other security software. But, if you are not interested on usual 1 month of trial, there is a promotional offer to get Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus 2016 180 days free trial download.
Interested user just need to visit the promotional page after a free checkout using a link at the bottom of this post and enter their email address where the 3 months’ valid license key will be dispatched. If you don’t see e-mail arrived within 5 min, check your junk or spam folder.
We are not sure about the duration of this giveaway but currently there is no time limit!
Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus provides multilevel protection on PC and its connected hardwares against any types of security threats such as viruses, Trojans, spywares, ransomware and others.
While Webroot Internet Security Plus contains extra features than its antivirus product but contains fewer than that of its complete product. It basically provides security from malware and protects your online activities blocking malicious websites. It also eliminates spyware that tends to steal your information or feeds threats in the system. Adware protection feature blocks programs displaying useless ads that drives user’s attention and might redirect to phishing website other than the spyware which is sometime safe if it’s just some sort of cookie. Cookies are normally use to track concerned user activity such as Advertising company track your location and referral source using tracking cookies but they are quite safe. If you don’t like to get tracked, it will be better to use incognito mode of your favorite web browser.
Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus protects the system using various techniques that can detect malware by the way of scanning and blocking virus in real-time from background process and checks the Windows registry for record of possible threats. It heuristic analysis features can analyze suspicious behavior on PC and it is better than antivirus having latest signature update that could be unable to detect zero day threats. Webroot mostly relies on behavior observation of suspected malware activity on process rather than having signature database update each day. It is quite light weight security software and occupies less space on its installation area along with fewer amount of resource consumption. However, because of its different behavior of action as compared to other security software, there is no AV Lab test record so, it is quite hard to conclude its overall performance.
Webroot detection system is cloud based for accurate detection. However, it uses small footprint to clear out the malicious programs leaving the rest in peace. Detected suspicious programs are halted while it waits from user’s action to avoid false positives and roll backs the system on previous good state. In our test it wiped out 100% of possible threats so it won’t be the bad idea to score it with 10/10 points.
Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus 2016 Key Features
- Virus Scanner: It is a general virus scanner with graphical interface that scans critical system objects including removable media or on custom areas. It can be lunched on demand or can be scheduled to scans the computer for possible threats.
- System Guard: It is a protection module that runs hidden in a background during startup and processes to block malwares action on computer.
- Preventive Protection: It is an anti-exploit module that controls access to critical areas of system and also checks the reliability of running programs.
- Identity Theft Protection: Protects your credit card, online banking, shopping details and other user names from being stolen.
- Anti-Phishing: Blocks tricky sites that steals your personal information.
- Webcam Protection: Protects spying threats from webcam.
- Network Firewall: It prevents from unauthorized access to the computer and access of confidential data through networks.
- Auto Updater: Permits the registered users to receive automatic update of modules and virus database through internet.
- Scored perfect on its test.
- No negative impact on system performance.
- Runs fast and scans quickly.
- Consists of password manager feature similar to that of LastPass.
- Well protection of data against ransomware.
- Cheaper in price that covers up to 5 PCs.
- Few rating on Independent Lab tests.
- Password manager lacks many features compared to that of LastPass.
- Password manager is read-only on mobile devices.
- This version lacks parental control and spam filtering features.
- Detected threats to legitimate programs on our test.
- Absence of bootable rescue disk feature.